Sunday, September 6, 2009

Another great week.
















So on Monday, we went to Ross Lake which is in the North Cascades in WA. The drive was long, but totally worth it. L had a bit of a rough time in the car.... bored out her mind I'm sure, but we made it there and like I said, it was worth it. We had to take a ferry to a pickup to another boat to get to our cabin.... it was cool. We stayed in a bunk house with Josh's sisters family. The one issue of the whole trip happened within the first 5 seconds of getting there. I was so excited to get into the cabin that she jumped from the boat onto a dock which was attached to the dock of the cabin and fell in between. I of course freaked out and so did I(me) but she was fine. She caught herself on her armpits and I pulled her up and out. Total adrenaline rush and freak out for me. It took me a day to relax about the water after that, but I did and it was so fun. We went on a hike to the dam which was completely amazing and took a few boat trips to see some gorgeous scenery. The water was cold but the days were warm so it was still great for swimming. One of the boat rides back we got caught in some serious wind and white caps. We were just in a little 14 foot aluminum boat and we all got soaked. It was hilarious and very fun. L actually slept through the entire thing on my lap. I had put a towel over her to shade the sun and it also worked as a water shield. She got soaked like the rest of us but not by direct splashing so she slept all through it - amazing. I'll try to post some pictures - we'll see if it works. The ride home was much better than the ride there, maybe because my cold had mostly passed and I wasn't so irritable from feeling so sick, maybe it was b/c the kids were beat and slept a bit of the ride home. Yesterday we went to a wonderful wedding of our friends - such a blessing... Yes it has been a nice week. Josh actually went hunting this am - left super early at 3am and thankfully also already got his bull. This week is back to real life. I starts Ballet and restarts swimming and now I'm trying to figure out how to make all of this work with my work schedule... I have to go back in 2.5 weeks. Hopefully something will pan out.










No comments: