Thursday, October 22, 2009

a fun day.


















So I haven't updated in a long time... I just get so into doing other stuff and playing and catching up and the list goes on and on. This will have to be short update too because I told I that I will do the curtains for her and L's room while they are napping. Anyhow, today was a great day (atleast so far). We did preschool this am and I actually wanted to do her letters. She is now writing her whole name by herself and she is proud. I think that accomplishment is prodding her on because now she knows she can do it. L had a great time coloring with markers this am. I think I'm glad she doesn't know they are washable because I think that would take some of the fun out of it for her :). The three of us girls had races around the couch and then play simons says. L actually tried to follow along too. Of course she ignored the simon part but it was fun seeing her "jump" up and down and swing her arms over her head anyhow. After preschool time we went to swim lessons. L and I didn't get to swim today as she is still getting over her bug, but I did GREAT. The teacher said she just keeps telling him to back up further and let her do more. I (me) was so proud. I (me) think L will be a great swimmer as she LOVES the water, but I(me) was worried about I as she is much more reserved. Well, atleast for today, so much for that. She was doing her best to swim and swim. So after swimming we went to Mc'D for our traditional after swimming treat and I said she really just wanted to get her flu vaccine over with. I(me) was shocked as I hates shots, so we went quickly to the pharmacy and just got it done. L was running around the pharmacy pulling toys off the shelves and thankfully everyone there is nice and knows us and just laughed and helped corral her b/c I was holding I for her shot. She was very brave and actually only cried a little. On the way home the girls shared I's post vaccine crackers and it was just so sweet to see them smiling at each other in the back seat. I (me) still get weepy thinking about how so very thankful to have both my girls at home, finally together. I was reading a friends blog today and realized it was a year ago on the 20th we finally got our true referral for L. I usually try to not think about that whole process as it was so very hard for me, but thanks be to God for that referral and finally getting her home to us. We have friends who's kids case was held up this week because a paper was incorrect and when I found out it just took me back a little. In one breath I would love to start another process next year to bring home another beautiful child, but in another, I just don't know if my heart would be ready. L was worth every tear shed and I do know that if God has another child in mind for us, that child will be worth the struggle too.... I guess we will just wait on the Lord to guide us. Anyhow, I got a little off track..... today was a great day and I am so thankful for our beautiful girls. Now I just can't wait for Josh to get home so I can tell him about our day and hear about his. Hopefully he had a great day at work too...... atleast as great a day could be at work I guess.

Here are a couple of pictures too.... I haven't figured out how to label them on here. I and grandma at the pumkin patch and then some of I and L. I can't believe it, but I have't posted pictures from L's dedication.... the one in the ethiopian dress is L on her dedication day. Then there are a couple of the girls doing projects and sit and spinning together. I took the picture of L and me together this am. We were out using the camera b/c camera starts with "C" and that is the letter of the week. She took our picture because we were "cuddling" and I(me) was "carrying" L. It was really cute. Ok, now to see if I can load the pictures.......

No comments: