Friday, October 30, 2009

Camping in the snow.

So this Monday we decided to take the girls and go up to hunting camp with Josh, his dad and mom and a couple of friends. We figured it would be cold, but we have a wall tent with a wood stove and also figured it would be fine and warm enough. We left in the middle of a rain storm and when we got to hunting camp it was cold, snowing/hailing, and very windy. I just had to laugh and so did everyone else. The girls thought it was hilarious. We stayed in the tent most of the evening. I entertained everyone with sliding down her cott which was propped up to make room for us all to hang out. L entertained us all by trying to copy I by sliding down a pile of blankets. The kids did great to say the least. Bed time even went well. Everyone just piles into their sleeping bags and pack and play and went to sleep. Well.... almost. I was laying next to our airmattres and had some water dripping on her from the condensation on the latern. She told me and when I reached over to feel if she really getting dripped on, a drop hit my hand and splashed her. She just very casually said.."ah crap." Needless to say the entire tent busted up laughing and then I (me) calmly told her that is not nice to say. I (me) appologized to her because she got that from me and then told her neither of us should say that. We all continued to laugh for another 10 mintues or so.. It was just so innocent and cute. So the next morning, the guys went camping good and early and the girls woke up too. They played on the cotts and airmattresses for awhile and then wanted to go play in the snow. They went sledding on their bottoms in the snow (not on cotts and blankets) and make snow angels and ate lots of snow. They had such a ball. Then we all came back in the tent for hot cocoa and cards. The guys came back without having seen much but all in all, it was a great camping/hunting trip.

Tomorrow is halloween... I will be little mirmade and L will be the clown I (me) was when I was 2. Should be fun!! Supposed to have snow though, so we'll see.

No comments: