So, i'm gonna give this a whirl - keeping a blog that is. We'll see how it goes.
We were blessed to bring our little L home (previously know as E but we decided to change her real name). I'm not sure about using names, so I don't think I will. Anyone who might read this will know who I'm talking about anyhow, right. We got home July 24th and are so truly blessed. The trip was remarkable to say the least. Adoption is undescribable. I though giving birth was the most miraculous of things, but I must say, bringing a child into your heart through adoption is just as miraculous, just in a different way. I am a very blessed woman. God has been better to me than I could ever even fathom why. I am so very very blessed. The girls are adjusting well to each other... L follows I everwhere and copies everything she does. It is SO cute. I loves it. I think she wishes she could still just hug and hold her sister more, but L is a little bit into personal space still and feels "pestered" by some of I's wonderful love. Anyhow, here is an update I wrote on a chat group I am in with blessed Christian sisters who have made this adoption journey with me.
Quaade update......We are doing really good. L has had a little trouble sleeping throuh thenight the last couple of night and I'm not sure if its indigestion (because shehas gorged herself on food the last 2 night for dinner) or b/c it is so hothere. Other than that though, all is going well. Her skin has mostly clearedup now too. The doctors office and pharmacy have been a slight annoyance(almost to the point of my thinking I'm going to switch dr.s/pharmacies.) Wehad a allergy panel run, and they ran the wrong one, so we didn't actually getthe info on peanuts that I was looking for. So they should be running that inthe next few days and we will see if that is the cause. Yeah, we had the dr'soffice make a total of 5 errors in L's health check. Actually 6 errros - Ijust stopped to count. We were in now 3 weeks ago and they still have notcontacted me with all of her results. After I called to see why they hadn'tcalled, they called one night at 7pm as they were walking out the door of theafter hours place, but I quite running to my phone after 5:30 and of course,they were gone when I got the message. They are now out until next Thursday, soit will be almost 1 month to get her results - seems silly to me. I know theiris nothing hugely wrong as I picked up the results, but there are about 10questions I have for them. I try to be loyal to our dr as in the past he wasbeen wonderful, but I'm pretty sure he is overworked and it getting sort of laxin things. Oh, well I guess.We took the kids camping this last weekend. L loves boats and water and shecamps like a little pro. We went to the water park on Wednesday and she seemsto think she can swim.... She can't really but she sure wants to just GO. It isadorable. I swam and played with her in the pool the whole time. Lastnight was the first night we left L with anyone else. It was our anniversaryand we went out the dinner. We went out for chinese. It was super nice for us to get away and have a few hours together, but I was concerned as I didn't know if I would careb/c I left and I'm not so sure how bonded she is yet, or if she would care alotand feel like she was left again. It was all good!!!! She walked around thehouse after we left (she was with I at my friends house) and wentlooking around saying "mama, mama". She didn't cry, but she noticed I wasn'tthere. She played and had fun while we were gone and when we got back and shesaw me she got a great big smile and reached to be picked up. She just wanted mama and dada, but was still just as happyas a little clam. It was GREAT. I think she is actually bonding and seems tobe pretty secure!!!!WE are off to my sisters for an overnighter tonight. Hopefully that goes well. It's a 3hour drive. I does great in the car and L seems to befollowing right along in that.
I will actually try to update this as some people might follow, but if not, it's atleast a good journal.
Also, I keep meaning to right it down.... a profound bible verse for me this week. " I have no greater joy that to hear that my children walk in truth." 3John 1:4
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment